Thursday 7 July 2011

Positivity and procrastination

I have two things to say.

Firstly, I left my clinical psychology session yesterday with a.... wait for it... drumroll please...... smile on my face!!!!!!!!!!!! Ta da! That does not happen often and certainly hasn't happened this year. I still spent the evening feeling ill and went to bed and woke up this morning with a splitting headache BUT the body pains and psychological exhaustion did not plague me to the same extent and I had a general feeling of positivity about the session.

More on that later.

The other thing that I have to say is that if I continue procrastinating about work in this manner I won't have a job for much longer and then... well I guess that wouldn't be a good thing.

Tomorrow I have to give a talk on a complicated health condition which has been complicated by another complicated health condition, to a group of carers and between you and me, I have done about 5% of the preparation I need to do, but I have this really annoying trait of not being able to focus and do good work until the work is almost due and then I am only able to be motivated by the impending crisis. I could have done all of this preparation last week. Yet, the morning of the day before still seems to be too much time for me to be able to work on it. Hence, I know what I'll be doing this evening... and possibly all night. I will never learn.

1 comment:

JustEliza said...

Yay for leaving with a smile. I can't wait to hear what happened.

I am also really bad about procrastinating/avoiding things. Hope the talk goes well, regardless.